(I should have taken a pic before it was all pretty and stitched up..it was deeeep and nasty!)
So yesterday around 3 my doorbell rings and this is what the UPS man brought me:
My sweet, sweet friend Christi sent me this as an early baby shower gift because she was also pregnant and was worried she may not be able to drive in from MS to be at my shower. Let me just say, I was EXCITED! We had both been eyeing this beauty for a while now. She had bought one for herself about a month ago and has gone on and on about how wonderful it is. It has a ton of different settings, plays my Ipod and has lots of different nature sounds, womb sounds and songs that are pre-loaded onto it. Actually, it’s probably only exciting if you are pregnant. Anyway, I drag it down my hallway and rip into the box only to discover that it’s being held down by some of those hard plastic zip-ties. I go get a knife out of the kitchen and cut through one of the ties..wam, right onto my finger somehow. I am on blood thinners and immediately started gushing blood. I knew it had gone deep, but could never tell how deep because I couldn’t get it to stop bleeding. I ended up going to the ER because I couldn't get it to stop and I figured I needed stitches. I was right.
So yesterday around 3 my doorbell rings and this is what the UPS man brought me:
My sweet, sweet friend Christi sent me this as an early baby shower gift because she was also pregnant and was worried she may not be able to drive in from MS to be at my shower. Let me just say, I was EXCITED! We had both been eyeing this beauty for a while now. She had bought one for herself about a month ago and has gone on and on about how wonderful it is. It has a ton of different settings, plays my Ipod and has lots of different nature sounds, womb sounds and songs that are pre-loaded onto it. Actually, it’s probably only exciting if you are pregnant. Anyway, I drag it down my hallway and rip into the box only to discover that it’s being held down by some of those hard plastic zip-ties. I go get a knife out of the kitchen and cut through one of the ties..wam, right onto my finger somehow. I am on blood thinners and immediately started gushing blood. I knew it had gone deep, but could never tell how deep because I couldn’t get it to stop bleeding. I ended up going to the ER because I couldn't get it to stop and I figured I needed stitches. I was right.
Now, this is the said swing that caused all this excitement:

I wish they made one big enough for me to sleep in. I promise this picture does not give justice to its heavenliness. Bella is going to be one lucky girl.
Thanks so much Christi...and CONGRATS to you! Christi had her beautiful baby girl today around 11:30am. Happy Birthday Kelcie!!! Auntie Jennifer can't wait to meet you.
No comments:
Post a Comment