Not much going on. Getting ready for Christmas, going to parties, etc.
No news on the baby front either. I don't have my next appointment until 1/5/09. Thank goodness for my doppler. Baby's heart is still beating nice and strong.
My friend Christi, who lives in Mississippi, came to hang out with me today. We've been friends since like the 5th grade, but she's moved off and we rarely see each other. We went to the Woodlands Mall today, shopped, ate and laughed. She has a baby girl on the way, due in February. C and I are going to try to make it out to MS around that time to meet her new one. She already has 4 kids...yes, she's having #5! I can't even imagine. She's a great mom and I am sure she will teach me lots of things when my little one gets here.
Speaking of, here's what's going on with baby this week:
Your pregnancy: 16 weeks
See the big picture
How your baby's growing:Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.
I hope everybody has a great Christmas. I will update after my next appointment. Happy Holidays!!
Mother's Day Poem
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment